This is a Resource Page for the Blade Digital Kiosks. Please read through for a variety of information.
Let us know if you have any other questions not answered by the following:
How thick is the unit excluding the base?
What is the depth of the back compartment where a 3rd party device can be installed?
Inner panel depth is 1.25” but the cover can flex slightly and can fit ~1.5”. We have extended back panels as an option that increase the depth to 1.75” with a locking compartment door.
Can I install a 3rd party device in the back of the unit without any cords coming out?
Yes! As long as the power adapter is not too big to fit in the back compartment of the Blade. Typically, the only cord that would need to run out of the unit is the power cord for the 3rd party device, but there is a power out outlet built into our Power board. You can use this outlet to run your 3rd party device and keep all cables nice, neat, and tucked away in the back compartment.
What are the recommended Operating systems?
Recommended Operating systems are Windows, Chrome OS, Android, or Linux. Not currently recommended for use: Mac/OSX
Is the touch screen an actual touch screen monitor or is it an overlay with additional hardware?
Capacitive touch mesh is built into the glass. Just like smart phones. There is no additional hardware. Units either come with or without touch option, it is not possible to add touch to the unit later.
What is the warranty?
1 Year on electronic components. 3 years of frame/housing.
What is the repair process? What will be the customer’s out of pocket cost?
Depending on the issue. Call first for troubleshooting. If physical repair or replacement of parts needs to be done, RMA process will be used. Customer is responsible for return shipping. If issue is covered under warranty we will repair or replace and ship back.
Is the optional header panel lit?
No. It is a clear plexiglass designed to be vinyl wrapped or otherwise covered by the end user.
What is your turnaround time for custom units or units out of stock
Our typical turnaround time for custom/built to order units or for any units that are currently out of stock is 10-12 weeks minimum.
Can unit be used outdoors?
No. All digital items are rated for indoor use only.
Can I rotate the screen or change resolution?
There is no rotation or resolution setting at the hardware level for our screen. Any rotation would be done through android rotation apps (If using our Android Interface) or through your 3rd party device (If using our PRO interface). Our screens will display resolutions up to 4k(UHD) at 9:16 aspect ratio. Any change to the output resolution is determined by the signal sent by the device.
- Plug Blade in to power outlet.
- Open lower back panel.
- Turn PC-Stick or PC-BOX on by pressing power button on the device (not remote)
- Wait up to 3 minutes for device to start and send signal to screen.
startup of the device will have you go through the setup steps of Windows 10.
- Use touch screen or hook up a keyboard and/or mouse via USB on the PC-Stick or PC-BOX
- Orientation will be landscape until we can change settings in Windows.
- Once complete, the PC-Stick or PC-BOX will restart (up to 10 minutes).
- Once it has restarted you will be able to log in to the account you made and will get to windows desktop.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select “Display settings”.
- Change orientation from Landscape to Portrait.
Windows settings you may want to research and change
- Change power setting to set device to never go to sleep.
- Kiosk mode.
Power on/off timer and Auto power on after power failure
These features are dependent on the device. Some devices don’t have this setting and so aren’t capable. The PC-BOX option we offer has this feature which can be accessed through the BIOS settings. You will need a keyboard hooked up to the device to continue.
- Open your computer’s BIOS settings menu. To do this; restart the computer and at the same time press “F7”. Tap the key repeatedly during this initial startup period and the BIOS Settings menu will appear.
- Look for the Power Settings menu item within the BIOS and change the AC Power Recovery, or similar, setting to “On.” You are looking for a power-based setting that affirms that the PC will power on when power becomes available.
- Save the configuration and reboot the computer.
The magic behind the Blade Digital Kiosks is the applications you can run. Yes, it is powered by a Windows 10 operating system, but the digital kiosk comes to life limited only by your imagination by using the following software.
Software our Customers are Using
Intuiface (highly recommended)
Intuiface is a powerful cloud-based software that can run on your Blade Digital Kiosk and maximize functionality like the Blade Touch options.
The nice thing about Intuiface is they have all of their based covered including if you need help and is very affordable. Here are some resources from Intuiface:
Showcase- See what’s possible